- Do not cut corners with your data.
- All products and categories to be added to the website by correctly entering them in G7 (varied method of population may cause long term inconsistencies)
- All data assigned to web categories and enabled correctly for web will display on the website.
- All data listed on the site but not linked in G7 will not be affected by the integration.
- If some products display on the site and others do not within the same category, please check all of that products attributes are correct in G7, the integration is a script and is not selective... it works with data provided and attributes assigned to it in Cybertill.
The store owner is responsible for the amounts charged to customers (product price / shipping price) and the amount paid to suppliers (eg shipping providers) so ALL transaction values must be checked and approved by store owner (or responsible staff member / agent designated by store manager) prior to launching any integration.
- Latent issues with data added to G7 will be visible on the development / test platform.
Remember: "Garbage in = Garbage out"
We can advise regarding issues. If we have to 'cross the bridge' and change your G7 entries / configuration in G7 that may be chargeable on an hourly basis (for discussion).
Products not appearing correctly
- After any large product update it is important to ensure caches are cleared and reindexing is complete.
- We can produce script to do this on a scheduled basis. Frequency to be discussed.
External Issues Experienced:
#1 Products not saving in the Magento admin Panel - server limit on the amount of php variables that can be sent.
#2 APC cache / Cache delaying product appearance on the site (this can be simply resolved please enquire)
#3 Human Error.
#4 Cache not being cleared.
#5 Reindex not being run.
#6 Reindex processes timing out. Server set to time out after a shorter time than it took for processes to run.
It is recommended that all products and categories are managed the same way - from G7, ensuring all data is managed in one place and with one process. Using one agreed process to add data is best practice, if there is an issue makes it much easier to define the cause.
- Download / Update file added.
Adds stock to sync a product. Covers changed/new products from the past 28days. Can be quicker to run that than all 4x downloads.
- Download/Items - Updated
Inserts and updates changed to Zend format to increase compatibility and speed. Altered log name to include date for easier debugging.
- Download/Products - Updated
Updated code to improve speed. Altered log name to include date for easier debugging.
- Download/Stock - Updated.
Altered log name to include date for easier debugging. Removed the caching of stock levels so new data is always used. Updated the insert/update queries to zend statements.
- StockLevel - Updated
Removed the caching of stock data so fresh data is always downloaded. Updated the "_updateConfigurables" function with optimised code, added the "Is Live Allowed Attribute" into the calculation. Removed the "_removeNoneUpdated" function as hasn't been used in over 6mnts. Altered log name to include date for easier debugging.
- Product - Updated
Small update to run function.
- Push/Register - Updated
Small changes include removal of the 1 from the VAT number field. All fields wrapped in the safe order function to strip foreign chars for safer transmission.
- Push/Register - Checked
Checked all fields we wrapped in the safe order function to strip foreign chars for safer transmission.
- Push/Newaddress - Updated
All fields wrapped in the safe order function to strip foreign chars for safer transmission. Added functionality for guest checkout account lookups.
This is a supported module, please contact email@example.com for help.
Please post questions in comments box below.-