Running the Cybertill Imports
Once you have logged in to the Magento admin area you will see a number of options running along the top navigation bar.
- Hover the mouse over 'Catalog' to bring up a drop down menu, on this menu you will see an option called 'Connector'.
- Hover the mouse over 'Connector' and the import options will be displayed, namely 'Product Import', 'Category Import' and 'Stock Import'.
- Simply click on one of these options to perform the related import from Cybertill to Magento.
Normally we would recommend running them in the order they are listed i.e. product, category, and then stock. However no problems will be caused by running them in a different order or by just running one of the 3 imports on it's own.
NB. Once you have run one of the imports it may take up to 5-10 minutes for the changes to appear within Magento.
Reindexing Product Data and clearing the Cache
Once you have run one or more of these imports it is recommended that you perform a reindex on the product data and clear the Magento cache (again easier than it sounds).
To reindex the product data:
- From the options on the top navigation bar hover the mouse over 'System' from the items that appear in the drop down menu select 'Index Management'
- A table displaying about nine items will then be displayed, place a tick next to each of these items. You can either manually tick each of the items or click the orange 'select all' link in the top left of the table.
- Once they are all selected make sure the 'Actions' drop down in the top right is set to 'Reindex Data' and then click 'Submit'. A message will be displayed when the reindexing is complete it can sometimes take 5-10 minutes.
To flush the cache:
A message will be displayed when the Cache has been cleared.
- From the options on the top navigation bar hover the mouse over 'System' from the items that appear in the drop down menu select 'Cache Management'.
- On the page that appears click on the orange button labelled 'Flush Magento Cache' in the top right.